Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Visions of Rovings Dancing in My Head

Spindle Looms... Drum Carders.... FeltLooms... Rovings..... Oh, how I am dreaming of all the wonderful things that can be done with fiber.  Right now I am wishing for a Drum Carder.  Shearing day is fast approaching and I am really catching the fiber bug.  I have had fun at shows playing with the Drum Carders on display and I think it would be fabulous to have one of my own.  I enjoy needle felting and wet felting, and I have taken quite a long break from crafting, while I have been managing the alpaca farm.  But, the itch to stitch and felt is coming back even stronger now that I actually own my own alpacas and will have some lovely fleeces to play with.  I am contemplating the relatively inexpensive Brother Drum Carder.  I think it may be just the thing to get me started.

No comments: