Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Black Betty Grabs the Blue!!


This past weekend we attended the Virginia Classic Alpaca Show in Lexington Virginia.  We (Southern Legacy, Clearview, Pactamere and Bay Shore Farms) took 10 animals to the show.  My farm, Southern Legacy Alpaca Farm, brought our first baby, SLAF Mojos Whoa Black Betty, to the show.  Betty is just a tad over 8 months old and has an awesome personality.  She is built like a mack truck, so sturdy and broad and she has such a fuzzy face!  This was our second show, we also attended CABO and took a 5th.  At the Virginia Classic we were in a class of five, and I was a tad nervous seeing as she is my very first animal to show under my farm.  I was overjoyed when the judge waved us up into first place!!!  I know Betty is very deserving of the placement, but you just never know.  Betty's dad is FPA's Mr Mojo Risin out of Black Mesquite and her Mom is an old school girl, Queen Wellington III who is out of a New Zealand Import and a Peruvian Import.  Betty has amazing staple length and a very organized, bold crimped fleece that is very bright.  I am tickled pink with her and absolutely love her.

No comments: