Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Adopted Kitty Greta


My kitty is Greta. She is by no means the most lovable kitty in the world, or even on the block. The world is here for her use, along with us humans. I am basically worth existing, in her mind, because I provide food and have a warm lap. She will tolerate me petting her occasionally in return for these provisions. And I lover her very much. It has been nearly 8 years since the entire family paraded into Wendy Erskine's house on a mission to find a kitty. Oh, I had visions of uniquely marked kitties with magnetic personalities and charm. My one rule was no tabbies. So we spent a lot of time playing with kitties and petting kitties and loving kitties. I did know I wanted an adult. I felt like adults had less chance of finding homes so it was my chance to help one of them out. As I wandered the property, a little tabby followed close. She was not pushy but she had a look, like she was pretty done with all these annoying cats. She was not special in any way, just a plain, average ol' cat but her eyes spoke volumes to me. She wanted out. So now, almost 8 years later I am resting in bed with this very aloof, pretentious, fabulous kitty layed out across me and I am looking forward to another 8 more years. Please find it in your heart to adopt a homeless kitty. Check out Wendy's Feline Friends if you are in the Virginia area.

No comments: