Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Just missed it!!




So lately I have been missing the treasury by mere minutes! It has been so frustrating because for a while there I was spot on with the timing of the next opening and I constantly had treasuries. Lately, every time I pop in, I find a whole new huge batch of just made treasuries that are minutes old. I love treasuries! I love making them, I love looking at them, but I don't have a lot of luck getting into them. I think the key to making treasury friendly pictures is a limited number of colors in your photos. So, if a picture is taken in a light box, I think it has better chances of ending up in a treasury. Or, if a picture has solid backgrounds or very close up angles, I tend to think they end up in more treasuries. I tried the light box, but it did not work with the concept I had for my store. I am really happy with the pictures I have, I think they kind of match the theme of my store. I guess we can't have it all, and I think I am OK with that. I do love the occasional surprise of finding myself in a treasury. It always kind of makes a bright spot in my day.


I am happy with my latest treasury pictured above, but I am thinking it does not have that jump out and grab you factor necessary to land it on the front page. But most times, that is fine with me. I have featured a lot of my favorites in the treasury and I think it looks really good. Really makes me happy to look at and I just have to remind myself that sometimes, that is even more important than landing the front page.

1 comment:

Rascallion said...

Wow, you are a treasury pro! I haven't done one yet, looks like I'm missing out so I will have to try it.